LOW CARB & KETO CHALLENGES
Join our Low Carb and Keto CHALLENGES! These support programs are for people wanting to lose weight, achieve a healthier lifestyle or combat metabolic disease or diabetes.
Prepare to reclaim your body and your health, as our Registered Real Food Dietitians, Bridget and Tamzyn, guide you every step of the way: These Challenges have been specially designed to provide the individualized dietary interventions that help our individual clients achieve weight-loss and health success, as well as heaps of information and resources used in our follow-up consultations and trainings. Plus, more exclusive content designed just for these challenges! We want to do everything we can to help you succeed, so goal-setting and monitoring, and support and accountability, are also key components of these challenges.
The next Challenge is our Keto Kickstart challenge commencing on 1 September 2020
Please email email@example.com for other start dates.
Choose from our Challenge options:
- Keto KickStart Challenge
- Low Carb Healthy Weight Challenge
- Diabetes Keto Challenge
Do either Challenge on- or off- line:
- Online – from the comfort of your own home
Click here to buy your place in the next ONLINE Keto Kickstart Challenge
- In person (not currently available) – Somerset West or the Southern Suburbs, Western Cape, South Africa
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol.
Here’s a rough guideline of what the Challenges entail:
- Health and lifestyle assessment: To start off with, you will fill in a questionnaire so that we can get to know you and your concerns and goals. Your answers will also let us know about any medical conditions or health concerns that you may have.
- Diet assessment:You will complete a 3-day online food diary. We will analyse this diet data to see how and what you eat, to help us design your individualised diet plan.
- Individualized meal guideline:You will be given an individualized meal guideline (based on the assessment from the questionnaires and food diary).
- Weekly menu and shopping list: Will be emailed to you each Friday to prepare for the week ahead.
- “Hot seat” (online) or Check-in and training session (in person)*: One day each week we will have an online “hot seat” for those enrolled in the online Challenge, where you can ask us questions on our private Facebook page and we will be available to answer them immediately. For the in-person Challenge this takes the form of a weekly check-in and training session.
- Weekly talk given by Tamzyn or Bridget*: Each week you will also have a talk (virtually or in person, depending on which Challenge you’re doing) to prepare you for the week ahead.
- Goal setting: You will be encouraged to set achievable goals and be held accountable to these.
- Monitoring: Tamzyn and Bridget will monitor your progress by analysing changes in your body composition and meal records and the achievement of your goals.
- Support:You will receive weekly emails from Tamzyn and Bridget to keep you on track and offer support. You will also have daily virtual access to others on the program, as well as Bridget and Tamzyn, for trouble shooting and support. You will also have live direct access to Tamzyn or Bridget to answer all of your questions during the weekly Hotseat or check-in session*.
- Resources: You will be given weekly interesting articles/TED talks to read / watch to help you along your journey.
*Weekly LIVE group sessions with either be online or in person depending on whether you enrol in the online or in-person Challenges.
The following topics will be covered during the Challenges:
- Low Carb 101
- How to get started on your low carb eating plan
- Carbs, fats and protein – what’s enough/too much
- Clearing out your cupboards
- How to read food labels and choose real foods
- Goal setting
- Avoiding ‘carb flu’
- Overcoming comfort and addictive eating patterns
- A guide to eating out, social eating, and more
- Addressing the concerns and busting the myths around LCHF
- Addressing questions and concerns that have come up during the program
- Sustainability and ongoing success
The Keto Kickstart and Low Carb Healthy Weight Challenges also cover:
- Intermittent fasting:
- How to choose the regimen for you
The Diabetes Keto Challenge also covers:
- Monitoring blood glucose
- Diabetic medications and insulin
- Keto Kickstart (6-weeks): R 1,800
- Low Carb Healthy Weight Challenge (6-weeks): R 1,800
- The Diabetes Keto Challenge (4-weeks): R 950
As these programs are being run by registered dietitians, it is covered by many medical aids. Contact your medical aid to inquire about your whether you can be reimbursed on your plan. We can give you a quote to submit to them.
Our past Challengers share their experience from the Challenge:
- Loss of belly fat:
“I have had to take in the waistband of two pairs of trousers – i enjoyed that!”
- Weight loss:
“For the first time in many, many years I was dressed head to toe in female clothing! No more buying men’s cycling gear because it is the only thing I could fit into etc.”
- A learning experience:
“Wow! At the end of this journey, I’ve learnt a lot. the videos and weekly “lessons” have been really helpful.”
“I LOVE the live videos, and videos from external people being posted. I’ve watched them all, and I’m learning so much!!”
- Improved control over hunger, eating and cravings:
“I sat at a table where my companions were enjoying pizza (my kryptonite) and can honestly say I wasn’t tempted as I had steak and salad before going out.”
- Improved joint pain:
“I did my usual shop this morning and was surprised to find when I got back to the car that my joints were not feeling so tired. It then occurred to me that I have not been so tired and achey after my walks either – in spite of the greater effort. Wow!”
- Improved diabetic control:
“My sugar readings have been the lowest in ten years.
I will persevere because you’ve shown me that it’s entirely within my reach to improve my quality of life.
I’m ready now. It’s my time. We’re doing this together.”
“I was always keen on LCHF but needed the ‘human’ back-up that you provided as a safety net to go for it 100%.”
“Thank you so much for the whole programme, the eating plans and recipes etc. It has really benefitted me and started me on the next chapter!”
We hope to instil in everyone that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change to achieve a healthier weight and improve your health.
To book your place in a Challenge or for any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yours in Health
Bridget and Tamzyn
Real Food Dietitians