Prepare to reclaim your body and your health, as our Registered Real Food Dietitians, Bridget and Tamzyn, guide you every step of the way: This program has been specially designed to provide the individualized dietary interventions that help our individual clients achieve improved blood glucose control and health success, as well as heaps of information and resources used in our follow-up consultations and trainings. Plus, more exclusive content designed just for this challenge! We want to do everything we can to help you succeed, so goal-setting and monitoring, and support and accountability, are also key components of this challenge.
Please email info@realfooddietitians to enquire about the next start date
Here’s a rough guideline of what the program entails
- Health and lifestyle assessment: To start off with, you will fill in a questionnaire so that we can get to know you and your concerns and goals. Your answers will also let us know about any medical conditions or health concerns that you may have.
- Diet assessment:You will complete a 3-day online food diary. We will analyse this diet data to see how and what you eat, to help us design your individualised diet plan.
- Individualized meal guideline:You will be given an individualized meal guideline (based on the assessment from the questionnaires and food diary).
- Weekly menu and shopping list: Will be emailed to you each Friday to prepare for the week ahead.
- “Hot seat” (online) or Check-in and training session (in person)*: One day each week we will have an online “hot seat” for those enrolled in the online Challenge, where you can ask us questions on our private Facebook page and we will be available to answer them immediately. For the in-person Challenge this takes the form of a weekly check-in and training session.
- Weekly talk given by Tamzyn or Bridget*: Each week you will also have a talk (virtually or in person, depending on which Challenge you’re doing) to prepare you for the week ahead.
- Goal setting: You will be encouraged to set achievable goals and be held accountable to these.
- Monitoring: Tamzyn and Bridget will monitor your progress by analysing changes in your body composition and meal records and the achievement of your goals.
- Support:You will receive weekly emails from Tamzyn and Bridget to keep you on track and offer support. You will also have access to others on the program, as well as Bridget and Tamzyn, via the closed Facebook group for trouble shooting and support. You will also have live direct access to Tamzyn or Bridget to answer all of your questions during the weekly Hotseat or check-in session*.
- Resources: You will be given weekly interesting articles/TED talks to read / watch to help you along your journey.
The Following topics will be covered during the program
Low Carb 101
- How to get started on your low carb eating plan
- Carbs, fats and protein – what’s enough/too much
- Understanding your diabetes medication
- Monitoring BSL
- Clearing out your cupboards
- How to read food labels and choose real foods
- Goal setting
- Avoiding ‘carb flu’
Overcoming challenges :
- Comfort and addictive eating
- A guide to eating out, social eating, and more
Addressing the concerns and busting the myths around LCHF
- Addressing questions and concerns that have come up during the program
- Sustainability and ongoing success
As this program is being run by registered dietitians, it is covered by many medical aids. Contact your medical aid to inquire about your whether you can be reimbursed on your plan. We can give you a quote to submit to them.
We hope to instill in everyone that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change to improve your health.
To book your place in our Challenge or for any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yours in Health
Bridget and Tamzyn
Real Food Dietitians