We are excited to be launching our August 4-WEEK HEALTHY WEIGHT CHALLENGE: The Low Carb Way! An online support program for people wanting to lose weight, achieve a healthier lifestyle and combat metabolic disease.
Prepare to reclaim your body and your health, as our Registered Real Food Dietitians, Bridget and Tamzyn, guide you every step of the way: This program has been specially designed to provide the individualized dietary interventions that help our individual clients achieve weight-loss and health success, as well as heaps of information and resources used in our follow-up consultations and trainings. Plus more exclusive content designed just for this challenge! We want to do everything we can to help you succeed, so goal setting and monitoring, and support and accountability, are also key components of this challenge.
12 August 2019
Entries close on Wednesday 2 August 2019
Here’s a rough guideline of what the program entails
- Health and lifestyle assessment: To start off with, you will fill in a questionnaire so that we can get to know you and your concerns and goals. Your answers will also let us know about any medical conditions or health concerns that you may have.
- Diet assessment: You will be complete 1.) an online questionnaire telling us which foods you eat and how often, as well as 2.) a 3-day online food diary. We will analyse this diet data to see how and what you eat, to help us design your individualised diet plan.
- Individualized meal guideline: You will be given an individualized meal guideline (based on the assessment from the questionnaires and food diary).
- Weekly menu and shopping list: Will be emailed to you each Friday to prepare for the week ahead.
- “Hot seat”: Each Wednesday evening we will have a “hot seat” period where you can ask us questions on our private Facebook page and we will be available to answer them immediately.
- Weekly virtual talk given by Tamzyn or Bridget: Each week you will also have a virtual talk to prepare you for the week ahead.
- Goal setting: Weekly.
- Monitoring: Tamzyn and Bridget will monitor your progress by analysing changes in your body composition and meal records and the achievement of your goals.
- Support: You will receive bi-weekly emails from Tamzyn and Bridget to keep you on track and offer support. You will also have access to others on the program, as well as Bridget and Tamzyn, via the closed Facebook group for trouble shooting and support. You will also have live direct access to Tamzyn or Bridget to answer all of your questions during the weekly Hotseat.
- Resources: You will be given interesting articles/TED talks to read / watch to help you along your journey.
- Individualised report: At the end of the program you will receive an individualised diet report and assessment, as well as helpful tips for the way forward.
The following topics will be covered during the program
- What to expect
- Goal setting
- How to use your individualised meal plans and shopping lists
- Low Carb 101: How to get started on your low carb eating plan
- Trouble shooting and avoiding side effects
- Macros: A deeper dive into carbs, fats and protein – what’s enough/too much
- Hurdles: Eating out/ social eating, and more
- Psychology of comfort and addictive eating patterns and getting around them
- Intermittent fasting: what are the benefits, how to implement it, and which regimen should you choose
- Addressing questions and concerns that have come up during the program
- Wrapping up – interpreting your report, have you achieved your goals, sustainability, what next
As this program is being run by registered dietitians, it is covered by many medical aids. Contact your medical aid to inquire about your whether you can be reimbursed on your plan. We can give you a quote to submit to them.
We hope to instill in everyone that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change to achieve a healthier weight and improve your health.
To book your place in our Challenge or for any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yours in Health
Bridget and Tamzyn
Real food Dietitians